Tuesday 18 May 2021

Amazing Wellbeing

 Amazing Wellbeing

This week on Monday the year sixes went to Spark Arena so year fives had the morning with Miss McGrath. We did Wellbeing for the session because it was pink shirt week a.k.a anti-bullying week. We had a giant talk about the survey about our live in and out of school last term.

 After the talk we did a game called the musical gratitude game. You would walk around and when the music stops you talk to someone about what you are grateful for.

 Next we made a fortune teller which would compliment someone or help you feel better. Here is a video of how to make one. 

Finally we did a compliment circle you would stand in a circle and a teacher would start by giving a compliment to a student. The student would compliment to a second student and it went on like that. I said to pagie "thank you for helping me when I was stuck on the fortune teller".  The day was amazing it was super fun and I hope I can do it again. This is the end of my blog "thank you for reading my blog, see you later."

2 comments:

  1. Hi Caleb,
    I'm glad you had so much fun as you explored well-being on Monday. It has been cool to see the affirmations you wrote in your fortune teller. I hope it comes in handy when you need some encouragement. I think you are amazing all the time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kia ora Caleb, thanks for your positive blog post - it has helped my positive sense of Taha Hinengaro! I'm pleased to see that the fortune tellers were fun as well as promoting self-esteem and wellbeing. What a cool idea to add a link to a video - hopefully other people will be able to do the same as us. Do you remember how it felt giving and receiving compliments? Perhaps this is something you could try in other groups, like at home or at a club you belong to? Thanks for sharing your learning Caleb.

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.